Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time for goodbyes has ended.

Hello all,

Thank you for being so understanding about everything that has been going on in my life and my lack of attendance in your lives.
For those who don't know.  A friend of mine died last Thursday, Sept. 9th, and everything that I do has been tainted with sorrow.  He was a good man that I greatly respected.  I will truly miss him and life will never be exactly the same without his presence.  I attended his viewing last night and got a chance to say my final goodbyes to him and I feel partially healed due to that.  The shock isn't so great anymore and the pain isn't so fresh.  It is time for me to get back into my game and get some work done.  My academics have been sorely neglected since last week.
I wish I that I was able to take the time to truly mourn my friend.  To just sit around and cry for a while but I don't have that luxury.  I'm a 3rd year college student, and as such, always on the go doing this pointless activity or that career building job.  I can't put life on hold like I would like to.  I can no longer put my responsibilities on hold and because of that I will go on.  The healing process began last night and I thank all of my friends who have been there for me.

Special Thanks to my teachers for understanding that I needed some time to heal; to my family for caring because I cared; to my sisters for being here to make me have fun; to my besties: Cece, Aaron (especially Cece and Aaron), Robert, Dayton, and Ian for knowing the words to say to make me feel whole again; and finally to all of the friends who have been down this road right beside me: Dieu, Sang, Chris, Quan, Patrick, Michelle, and Joey. Thank you all and all of those people I met last night who made me realize that even in death this amazing man will be loved on. 

RIP Charles Victa.  You left far too soon.

Charles's Song
This song is dedicated to you.  Whenever I hear it I will think of you and only you.
Josh Groban - To Where You Are

No comments:

Post a Comment